How many times do we feel something yet don’t have the words to describe that feeling? Or, have the understanding that doing a particular act, for instance, something that reflects being true to ourselves is ‘supposed’ to leave us feeling a certain way but it doesn’t?
Does it then leave you questioning what you really know, or believed to be true? If we are supposed to feel ‘this’ way but we instead feel ‘that’ way, we must be warped. “Yup told ya. I am a hot mess. I KNEW IT!”
First and foremost, everyone experiences things differently based on their interpretation of it. Although there may be some standard commonalities in dealing with certain things, not everything is textbook. You must first trust yourself and your own feelings and spend less time comparing what others say is normal. If it feels good to you, that’s all that matters.
In hypnosis, you can choose how you want to feel and base your actions accordingly. You write the script, or textbook if you will. You don’t have to leave your feelings up to chance and spend hours or days questioning whether you are ‘normal’ because you don’t feel the way a book said you should feel.
Say were wanting to learn to say ‘no’ to people but feel great anxieties around doing so, being in a state of relaxed mind and body (hypnosis) will allow you to create whatever outcome you want.
Ahh, but you say, “How is that possible, I cannot control how others will react to me saying ‘no’, therefore I cannot create the outcome.”
Here’s the thing. At no time do we ever want to control anyone. It is our own behaviours reactions and emotions we want to keep in check. How others respond to us means absolutely nothing once we learn to manage our emotions through hypnosis, thus creating the outcome.
11 STEPS TO CREATING YOUR DESIRED OUTCOME IN ANYTHING
1. First relax. Totally and completely let yourself get into a meditative state.
2. Create a scene in your mind of what is going on for you now that you would like to change.
3. Once this scene is very clear, create a new scene. The scene that you want to be your new reality. Feel the way you want to feel when saying ‘no.’
4. Play it out over and over. You don’t need to play out whole conversations where you defend your decisions to people (you can but it’s not necessary). You want to put yourself in a position where you want to say ‘no’, then say ‘no’ (for example). Say it and replay it again and again as if you were watching a video and rewinding and playing, rewinding and playing.
5. Stand your ground, in your mind, and say ‘no’ as often as necessary until you feel comfortable with it. You may imagine people getting annoyed at you saying ‘no’. This is good. Just keep saying ‘no’…
6. If you want to step it up a bit, while you are imagining saying ‘no’ you can also imagine the other person shrinking and you growing taller. Before you know it you are saying no to a pint sized person barely visible to the naked eye.
7. You will notice the more comfortable you get with it, the more your physical body changes. Your shoulders will square off, your back will be straight, your head held high. Inside, you will feel a sense of peacefulness and empowerment but also strength.
8. Pay close attention to the feelings mentioned above, you will want to use them again in the future. The way you carry yourself in that moment is also a state changer.
9. Anchor that feeling of strength empowerment and peace by focussing on it very intently then rubbing your thumb and forefinger together. Focus, anchor, focus, anchor.
10. Once you are certain you have no attachment to the emotion you once had and you are confident in the new ‘script’ you just created, go ahead and close out of that scene.
11. The next time you are needing or wanting to feel empowered, peaceful or strong, use your anchor and all the feelings and emotions will come back.
Some of the greatest athletes in the world have reached their level of success because of doing this. Visualizing nothing but the outcome they wish to achieve. They don’t ponder the thought of not winning but rather focus solely on their desired outcome.
Let me know how you make out